There’s nothing quite like taking a refreshing dip in a beautifully lit pool as the summer sunsets, is there? Well, we know how essential it is to have the right illumination to make your evening swims an experience to remember. So today, we’re diving deep into a conversation that’s been making waves in the pool community – Pentair vs. Hayward pool lights.
These two big fish in the pool equipment industry have been at loggerheads for years, each bringing their unique offering to the poolside table. We’ve got you covered, whether installing a new pool, upgrading your current lights, or just pondering which one can deliver that breathtaking aesthetic and longevity.
Stay tuned as we compare these two titans, highlight their features, pros, and cons, and help you make the best decision for your oasis. Let’s jump right in, shall we?
- 1 Comparison Chart:
- 2 5 major differences between Pentair and Hayward pool lights:
- 3 Which is better, Pentair and Hayward pool lights?
- 4 How long do Hayward ColorLogic lights last?
- 5 Conclusion:
|Pentair Pool Lights
|Hayward Pool Lights
|Offers a wide range of LED and incandescent pool lights, including the popular IntelliBrite series.
|Offers a diverse selection of LED, incandescent, and ColorLogic color-changing pool lights.
|Known for high quality, bright lighting with good coverage. Many models offer multiple colors and light show settings.
|Recognized for high-quality lighting, often featuring various color options and light shows.
|LED models are highly energy-efficient.
|Both LED and ColorLogic models are designed to be energy-efficient.
|Generally easy to install, but depends on specific model.
|Installation process is typically straightforward, but it varies depending on the model.
|Known for durability and longevity. Some models are made with thermoplastic for added durability.
|Recognized for robustness and durability. Some models have a stainless steel or plastic face rim for added durability.
|Offers a range of price points, with LED models being more expensive due to their longevity and efficiency.
|Pricing varies, but typically competitive with other premium pool light brands. LED and ColorLogic models may be more costly due to their features and efficiency.
|Compatible with most Pentair automation systems and some third-party systems.
|Compatible with Hayward’s own automation systems and some third-party systems.
|Known for good customer support, but experiences may vary.
|Generally offers reliable customer support, though experiences can differ.
5 major differences between Pentair and Hayward pool lights:
Alright, folks, we’ve got our goggles on, and we’re ready to dive headfirst into the deep end of the Pentair vs. Hayward pool light debate. So grab your floaties and break down the five major differences between these two lighting contenders.
- Beam and Brightness: Pentair knows how to put on a show when stealing the limelight. Their pool lights tend to have a brighter and wider beam than Hayward. If you’re after a pool that’s gonna glow like a Vegas show, you might want to side with Pentair.
- Energy Efficiency: If you’re a friend of the environment or your wallet, you’ll be pleased to know that Hayward’s energy-efficient LEDs tend to use less power than Pentair’s. That means more money for pool parties and less for electricity bills!
- Color Options: Pentair is like the Picasso of pool lights, offering an impressive palette of colors. However, Hayward isn’t exactly painting with crayons – they have a solid range too. But if you’re looking for that something extra to color your pool nights, Pentair might just be your choice.
- Ease of Installation: Hayward takes the gold in this lap. They are generally easier and quicker to install compared to their Pentair counterparts. So, if you’re a DIY king or queen, you might want to lean toward Hayward.
- Price Points: Both brands offer high-quality products, but there’s a bit of a divide regarding price. Hayward lights typically come with a lower price tag than Pentair’s. But remember, folks; sometimes you gotta shell out a few more clams for that extra sparkle.
Which is better, Pentair and Hayward pool lights?
Choosing between Pentair and Hayward pool lights depends on your needs and preferences. Both are reputable brands in the pool equipment industry and offer high-quality, durable products. Here’s a quick run-down to help you decide:
Pentair Pool Lights might be the best choice if:
- You want the highest possible brightness and a wider beam.
- You’re interested in a larger variety of color options.
- You’re okay with a slightly higher price tag for more premium features.
Hayward Pool Lights could be a better choice if:
- You’re looking for energy-efficient lights that can save on electricity costs.
- You prefer an easier and quicker installation process.
- You’re budget-conscious and want a high-quality product at a more affordable price.
It’s always a good idea to consider factors like your budget, the size of your pool, your energy consumption goals, and the ambiance you want to create before deciding. Remember, the “better” product is the one that best meets your specific requirements and enhances your swimming experience!
How long do Hayward ColorLogic lights last?
Hayward ColorLogic LED lights are designed to have a long lifespan, similar to other high-quality LED lights. On average, these LED lights are expected to last for approximately 30,000 to 50,000 hours.
If you use the lights for an average of 8 hours a day, this would translate to roughly 10 to 17 years of use. However, this is just an approximation, and the actual lifespan may vary depending on factors such as usage, maintenance, and installation.
We’ve reached the end of our swimmingly enlightening journey exploring the world of Pentair and Hayward pool lights. We’ve navigated the seas of brightness, color options, and energy efficiency and even ventured into the sometimes murky waters of price points and installation processes.
Let’s be real; both Pentair and Hayward offer some fantastic options, each with its unique selling points. Want to make your pool a beacon that can be seen from space? Pentair’s high-intensity illumination has you covered. Are you looking to save some green while being green? Then the energy efficiency of Hayward’s lights might be your go-to.
Ultimately, the best pool light depends on your unique needs, aesthetic preferences, and budget. Whether you decide to bask in the glow of a Pentair light or take a dip under the radiance of a Hayward, remember the end goal is to enjoy your slice of backyard paradise.